Learning and Networking Resources
The NHS Scotland Event provides delegates with excellent learning and networking opportunities. In order to maximise the benefit from your attendance at the Event, you are encouraged to share the knowledge and learning you gain with colleagues in your organisation.
To help you do this, all parallel and spotlight session presentations, videos of the plenary sessions, roving reporter interviews and vox pops will be available to download afterwards from the NHS Scotland Event website. Please also note that all the posters on display
at the Event are available to view and download from our poster pages online.
NHS and partner organisations have been asked to nominate an Event Learning Lead who will be coordinating learning from the Event within their organisations. A list of Leads will
be available on the website before the Event. You may want to contact them for suggestions as to how to share your learning from the Event.
Networking and sharing experiences is one of the key benefits of attending the NHS Scotland Event. Many of us are used to doing this at any event but, if you’re not, here are some ideas to get you started.
At the Event
- Ask for contact details of people you meet at the Event.
- Use the Event hashtag #nhsscot19 and see who else is tweeting on your topic.
- Take the time to visit the poster exhibition. Look out for posters of interest and take away contact information.
After the Event
- Follow up with the contacts you made. People will be pleased to share ideas.
- Is there an opportunity to feed back to your colleagues? If not, why not organise a session or use your local newsletter or intranets.
- Contact your Event Learning Lead about how you can share your learning through your organisational learning structures.
The NHS Scotland Event has worked in previous years with NHS Education for Scotland (NES) to put into place a number of ways to help you share the knowledge you have gained. The Event is pleased to welcome again NHS Education for Scotland as its Knowledge Management and Continuous Learning Partner. Some months after the Event, NES will be in touch with a number of you to ask what impact attendance has had on your work and in your workplace.